Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Blitzkreig of Postings

Don't forget to read the finally-posted "Deep Thoughts, By Justine" (2 and a half weeks in the making!) and "Giardia-Ho!", which you'll find below (both posted today).

On another note, I'm sorry to all our fans that there have been so few pictures, lately, but as I've said before, upload times from Asia have been abysmal. Thankfully, I have family members who are willing to do great things for me and my cousin in HK let me burn 3 GB worth of pictures and videos onto CDs that my sister carried home and uploaded for me! The pics need to be filtered a bit and annotated, but here's a few tastes of what's to come:


Justine at the Beijing Urban Planning Museum



Justine at the Beijing Urban Planning Museum in front of the scale-model of the entire city. It took up an entire floor of the 5-story museum!




A relief carving at the Green Ram Taoist Temple in Chengdu, China (Sichuan Province)



This girl was practicing on a zither-like instrument, learning from a famous musician and maker. Her name is Tingting, and in Chinese, "ting" means "listen." When I asked her about this, she kind of laughed, but played us a few songs, anyway. She's in her 2nd of a 6 year graduate program on traditinoal Chinese instruments.



A lit-up bridge crossing the Yangzi River



Cruising down the Three Gorges area on the Yangzi River







Shanghai City Skyline




Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are just so dang cute!