Saturday, December 30, 2006

Pictures of Kolkata, India (aka, Calcutta)

When we left Nepal, I had already been sick for a two days. After that Nepali doctor on the plane told me I probably had malaria, I decided to have my blood checked. Turns out I didn't have malaria, but by the time I was admitted to the hospital with a blinding headache, legs so sore I could hardly walk, a 102-degree fever, and nausea, Justine started to get sick. By the time dinner arrived, she also had a high fever, headache, and was vomiting. It was like an October nightmare all over again (for those not in the know, October is historically a bad month for us!). Anyway, enjoy the pictures of Kolkata, an interesting and diverse city that isn't the Mother Theresan slums you've seen in movies (though there were extremely poor areas).

Here's the pictures.

No comments: