Sunday, August 13, 2006

One Day and Counting...

I was going to call this post "The Saga of Moving II" and complain about a bunch of stuff (including the worst customer service in the world and some would-be terrorists), but instead I think I'll post about a bunch of really excellent things. We're super fortunate to be able to take this trip, and I need to remind myself of that amidst all of the chaos of planning it. So here goes:

  • We leave for Tokyo at noon on Tuesday. That's only 38 hours from now!


  • I just finished packing my bag and it's only 26 lbs. I'll try to post a picture of J and I in our bags before we leave on Tuesday.


  • Yesterday (Sat. 12.Aug.2006) my folks threw J and I a HUGE bon voyage party. People were so generous and fun and some friends (Court, Ruben, and Dani) and family (Randy and Ray) came a long way to see us of! Check out the pics here.


  • The newest episode of The Venture Bros. was totally awesome.


  • Capital One credit cards have no international conversion fee, and their customer service reps are great.


  • My sister Lisa will be meeting up with us in China. She'll travel with us from Shanghai to Hong Kong (pronounced more like Xiang Gang in Mandarin) between the 3rd and 12th of October. I hope Bertrand and Katherin (sp?) or Dan and Heather can meet up with us overseas, as well.


  • My in-law's dog Cookie is the cutest dog ever! See for yourself here, along with some other pictures from the first week of August. The two night shots on the first page of the gallery were 3 minute exposures.


  • The code that generated these galleries (and the server that is hosting them) were generously donated to our cause by my totally cool brother-in-law. Thanks J!





-Mike

No comments: