Thursday, August 31, 2006

Photos Galore!

Don:t expect the rapid pace of posting in the last few days to continue. Tomorrow morning (1.Sept.06) we leave the fancy hotel in Kyoto and go to a youth hostel near the train station (to save money!). That means no more free/fast internet on modern computers that work the way they:re supposed to. Also, we head off to China in another week, or so, and I can:t access Blogger from there, since it:s a Google company and China blocks google. So enjoy the posting now, while you can.

These pictures are from the beginning of our trip, including our first ryokan (a Japanese traditional where you sleep on futons rolled out onto the floor, which consists of straw mats called tatami) and of the Tokyo National Museum in Ueno, a neighborhood in Northern Kyoto.


First set

Second set
Third set If you only look at one picture, check out the one on the first page of this set. Justine took it and it:s absolutely my favorite picture. It:s the one of me casting the Buddha shadow.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know I'm behind in reading the posts, but I finally looked at these pictures. I just wanted you to know that the square watermelons are just starting to come over here. They're betting for shipping and storing. I read about it in the paper! I can't believe how expensive they are!! And I love the pagodas. Japan has such cool architecture.